Anna, Teacher, writer, biologist
Experience:  Great research skills, variety of work experiences, teaching experience.
Type Your Question Here...

I have a Doctor of Philosophy degree from Hill University.

I have a Doctor of Philosophy degree from Hill University. can you tell me if this is recognized in the u.s. and canada?
Category: General
Expert:  Anna replied 4 years ago.

Hill University claims to be 'accredited,' but the so-called agencies that accredited them are not widely-recognized, and they only accredit online organizations. It is legal, but that doesn't mean a degree from them is respected and is considered a good qualification for a job. You would be able to say you had the degree, but an employer wouldn't be at all impressed by a degree from what is considered a diploma mill. It would not be valid to obtain certificates, such as a teaching certificate. I saw all the mixed reviews on Hill University, too. Most of those claiming validity for it are actually connected to them in some way. When looking for such information, it's always good to look for a nonprofit organization's viewpoint. ( a .org website). Here is one you can read, and then make up your own mind:

If you just want to be able to say you have a degree, this is a quick and easy way to get one. If you want to become a respected professional, this is not the way to go. I wish you success with whatever decision you make.