Joan
Joan, Internet Researcher
Experience:  I believe that knowledge is Power! I would like to try to share my knowledge with others.
5071285
Type Your Question Here...

I have to cancel or postpone an all-expense-paid trip to Italy.

I have to cancel or postpone an all-expense-paid trip to Italy. The company is Sceptre Tours. I have developed a pinched nerve in my back and cannot sit or walk more than a few minutes. I have purchased good trip cancelation insurance. Who do I contact first, the insurance company or the tour company?
I think I could make the trip in May. Should I just cancel and re-book or should I ask the company about postponing the trip?
Category: General
Expert:  Joan replied 4 years ago.

I called the tour company to get the direct information for you. This is what the customer service Representative told me:

You need to contact The Sceptre Tour Company up to, prior to, 72 hours of Departure. If you are within the 72 hours of the trip, then the trip insurance is not valid.

You can contact them them at this number: call beteen 9am and 5pm asap:

By Phone:
(800)(NNN) NNN-NNNNbr/>(516)(NNN) NNN-NNNN/p>

They can reschedule for you or you can cancel and get the refund per the insurance. I suggest getting this done asap. The sooner you get the cancellation done the better as you do not want to have problems with rescheduling or getting a refund.

I hope you are feeling better soon!

Joan