JB Umphrey
JB Umphrey, Consultant
Experience:  Skilled at assisting with general information needs.
Type Your Question Here...

My sons coach has an ss tattoed on his wrist, wears a jacket

My sons coach has an ss tattoed on his wrist, wears a jacket that says "support 81" told the kids he gets kkk newsletters. Has been hospitalized for mental illness and missed coaching due to anxiety, has askEd the kids to show him pics of their friends "girls" on Facebook. He is in his mid 20's. I am feeling quite uncomfortable with this situation. Knowledgable coach, not sure I want my young teen around him. Please give me your thoughts
Category: General
Expert:  JB Umphrey replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for using JustAnswer!

I am sorry to learn of these circumstances. Listen to your gut. You are most definitely right to be concerned. The issue for you is clear-cut: either the coach goes or you pull your kid from the team. Do not let your kid become a victim to something you can't reverse.

This does not have to be a fight over right or wrong. It's just a straight-forward choice: the BOD can let the coach go, now or your you can inform the BOD that your child will no longer be a part of the team.

It has been my pleasure to assist you today with your information needs. If you have a follow-up question, please reply and ask it.

If you are satisfied that your question has been answered, kindly select the ACCEPT button to close this thread and so that I receive credit for assisting you today.