Mr. Gregory White
Mr. Gregory White, Teacher
Experience:  M.A., M.S. Education / Educational Administration
46856550
Type Your Question Here...

Need COOKING EXPERT. At Thanksgivings end we froze a big bowl

Need COOKING EXPERT. At Thanksgiving's end we froze a big bowl of mashed potatos. They were normal consistency, maybe even a little thick. When we took them from the freezer to the fridge yesterday and looked at them today, they are a wattery mess. Is there any way to reconstitute them and make them normal consistency? Of course we want them to taste normal also.
Thank you for using JustAnswer!

After the potatoes are defrosted, bake them in the oven at 350 degrees F until they brown slightly on top and heat through.

It has been my pleasure to assist you today with your information needs. If you have a follow-up question, please reply and ask it.

If you are satisfied that your question has been answered, kindly select the ACCEPT button to close this thread and so that I receive credit for assisting you today.
JB Umphrey, Consultant
Experience: Skilled at assisting with general information needs.
I had this happen this year as well. Try Reheating them on the stove and add  1/4 cup of mashed potato flakes to thicken the potatoes. Tastes as good as new. What happens is that when in freezing, there is extra water and the potato flakes draw up this extra moisture.
Mr. Gregory White, Teacher
Experience: M.A., M.S. Education / Educational Administration