Sijad H.
Sijad H., Consultant
Experience:  Jack of all trades. I know a little bit about a lot of bit.
61965098
Type Your Question Here...

I have a Garmin Nuvi 765T GPS with a Lakes SD in the side port.

I have a Garmin Nuvi 765T GPS with a Lakes SD in the side port. How do I access information on this SD?
Category: General
Expert:  Sijad H. replied 2 years ago.
Hi and thank you for your question. The inland lakes maps are now combined with the rest of your maps. On the main screen if you click view map and then scroll to a us inland lake and zoom in you should be able to see the map with inland lakes information. Or alternately if you go to a US inland lake with your GPS unit, it will display the inland lakes on the map.
Sijad H., Consultant
Experience: Jack of all trades. I know a little bit about a lot of bit.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have 2 cradles for my Garmin Nuvi 765T GPS units for the windshield mount which have been damaged. The metal female receiver has been pulled from the cradle. Can these be repaired? I have bought a new one but would appreciate salvaging the 2 older cradles
Expert:  Sijad H. replied 2 years ago.
is te receiver pulled from both of them? what is wrong with the 2nd damaged one?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Both cradles have the metal pulled out. I tried to reinsert the metal but they both make no contact now
Expert:  Sijad H. replied 2 years ago.
If you have technical skills with soldering and circuit boards, you may be able to save them.You will find a screw under the port where you put in the suction cup ball. Un screw that screw and the cradle should come apart.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I did unscrew the small screw and took both apart. There are pins but not wires. I think both cradles need new metal receivers for the cable. Can I buy those parts?
Expert:  Sijad H. replied 2 years ago.
I dont believe they sell them. You may be lucky if you went to an electronics repair store or shop they may some to sell to you but they most likely will be hard to find. You can resolder the pins if your careful not to break them. Also any electronics repair shop will be able to reattach those pins for you if your not up to doing it.
Sijad H., Consultant
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for a good try. I'll look around for the parts.

I did not get an answer to my question about the battery charger cable for my Garmin Zumo 550 GPS
Expert:  Sijad H. replied 2 years ago.
I apologize that is a seperate question. I will take a look at it and see if I can provide you with some help.