Cher
Cher, Educator-40+ yrs
Experience:  M.A., B.A., Author, Senior Informational Specialist
1470369
Type Your Question Here...

How to i get spilt duck fat off my Uggs. I rinsed them in hot

How to i get spilt duck fat off my Uggs. I rinsed them in hot water and used washing up liquid but the stain is still there
Category: General
Expert:  Cher replied 3 years ago.
Hello, and welcome back to Just Answer.

The following is the best way to get a grease/fat stain out of your Uggs:

Sprinkle talcum powder over the grease stain and let it sit on the Uggs overnight. The powder will absorb most of the grease from the boots. Gently wipe the talcum powder off the boots with a suede brush. Brush the boots in one direction to restore the fabric's nap and to remove the excess powder and any dried dirt or grime.

If the stain is still visible, mix 1 cup of water with 1 cup of white vinegar;
dampen a sponge with the mixture and gently blot the grease stain. Do not soak the sponge. Do not rub the stain, as it may spread the grease mark. Re-wet the sponge as needed. Dampen another clean sponge with clear water and rub it over the grease stain to rinse away the vinegar solution. Rinse and re-wet the sponge as needed.

Next, stuff the Uggs with clean white paper towels to help them retain their shape as they dry. Do not place them in the sun or at any heat source, as this can cause the boots to shrink.

Brush the Uggs with a suede brush to restore the nap. Remember to only brush the boots in one direction.

Please click "Reply" if you need more information or clarification.

If you have found this answer helpful, please click 'ACCEPT', as this is the only way I am compensated for assisting you today (although you have made a deposit/have a subscription, no payment is released to the Expert until you click 'Accept').

Positive Feedback and Bonuses are always welcomed and appreciated.

Best regards XXXXX XXXXX Holidays!
Cher
Cher, Educator-40+ yrs
Experience: M.A., B.A., Author, Senior Informational Specialist