JB Umphrey
JB Umphrey, Consultant
Experience:  Skilled at assisting with general information needs.
14211116
Type Your Question Here...

Hi I have a grandso who loves eggs cook over easy. Hey calls

Hi I have a grandso who loves eggs cook over easy. Hey calls them squirtie eggs. His stepfather Who is very controlling Only EatS omelettes. Told him that eggs cooked any other way were rotten. Now my grandson won't eat eggs. He wants to know if they are really rotten. Help how do I convince him.
Category: General
Expert:  JB Umphrey replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for using JustAnswer!

I am sorry to learn of these circumstances. How old is your grandson?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
He nine
Thank you. Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.
You can do an experiment with your grandson so that he can experience what a truly rotten egg is. Afterwards, he will then know that squirtie eggs are not rotten!
Have him work with you from the start so that he's part of the process.
What you do is you take an egg and you gently poke a hole in the top of it. Then you keep that egg out and in a warm place for at least a week.
That nasty sulfur smell will start churning inside the shell.
After a week, you and your grandson crack that egg open and let your grandson take a whiff of that.
Then you explain how THAT is the smell of a rotten egg and ask him if his squirtie eggs smelled like that! Of course the answer will be NO!
You convince him by showing him and making him a part of the process. He will draw his own conclusion.
Good luck to you!
It has been my pleasure to assist you today with your information needs. If you have a follow-up question, please reply and ask it.

If you are satisfied that your question has been answered, kindly select the ACCEPT button to close this thread and so that I receive credit for assisting you today.