Martin, Engineer
Experience:  i'm 41 and i never stopped studying and experimenting
Type Your Question Here...

I am trying to assemble an iris . it has ten pieces that are

THIS IS ALMOST A PUZZLE!  I am trying to assemble an iris . It has ten pieces that are shaped like half of a circle. At one end of each half circle there is a pin pointing down. At the other end there is a pin that points up. There are 10 holes in the bottom section of the bottom retainer ring and there in 10 holes in the top retainer ring. When the ring is rotated 1/4 turn the iris pieces go from wide open to 1/2 closed as it was designed to do. I just don't know how to assemble the pieces in the correct order. A camera person or engineer could probably tell me how to accomplish this. 
Hello, welcome to Just Answer.

It's actually possible to do many variations of an iris. Can you post an overhead picture of the 12 pieces?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Ok, I'll do that as soon as I can. I'll upload it to my site and get back to you with the url.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Pictures are at OR if that fails then . By the way, don't go crazy on this or spend more time than is reasonable. If it takes too long I'll accept anyway. Thanks
All iris need to have their "blade" all disposed identically in circle. no alternating (up/down) or crossing. The "blade" need 2 points of contact, one on the fixed plate, and another on the rotating plate. On the picture with 2 rings, the one on the left look like it goes into the one on the right.

Here is one example
Notice that in that one the 2 contact points are really close while in the one you have the point are very far between. That would indicate the one you have just do a small opening variation while the other i linked can open lot more by lever effect.

You perhaps already assembled it well at one point and imagined it should open up larger while it just don't.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Hi...Glad to meet you. I was a tv technician for 20 years. I quit that about 15 years ago. I would like to know if you have ANY vacuum tubes. I need some Western Electric tubes and I PAY EXTREME AMOUNTS OF $$$$ FOR THEM. I especially need 417 and 300B tubes. If you have any PLEASE let me know. OR if you can obtain some that would be great. If so, call me at XXX-XXX-XXXX in Colorado My personal email is neon at sumomax dot com
Sorry, i don't have any tubes. At $1k and over each i would probably have sold them already anyway :)

I assume that by now it cost less to buy equipments containing them from owner not aware of their value than buying them separately from specialty shop.