Cher, Educator-40+ yrs
Experience:  M.A., B.A., Author, Information & Research Specialist
Type Your Question Here...

Would like to get rental car in St. Marteen (New Antilles in

Would like to get rental car in St. Marteen (New Antilles in the Caribeean). Overwhelmed by bar car rental reviews and choices. Could you recomment company(s)?

Rental Period to be from 12/16 to 12/24
Hi again,Customer

Welcome back to Just Answer and thanks for requesting me to answer your question.

I was offline when you posted, so I appreciate your patience. I wanted to let you know that I've received your question and I am working on it for you, now.

I just wanted to clarify that you will be visiting St. Maarten (Dutch), not St. Martin (French), correct?

Hi again,

Well, first, stay away from Dollar/Thrify Car Rental. They seem to employ some unscrupulous practices and try to hold you accountable for damage to the car that was there when you picked it up and reported it on the inspection, in a way to just extort money from you. Read these disturbing reviews, if you haven't seen them, yet:

Check here for lists of car rental companies, and read precautions re: the price of gas and trying to be taken advantage of in the conversion of Dutch Guilders and U.S. Dollars at the pumps:

Even the 'big name' car rental companies like Avis, Hertz, Alamo, are owned by smaller, independent agencies on the island, so don't be swayed by the popular names, as they will most likely not back up the practices of the smaller agencies, should you have a problem.

From the reviews I've read, most people who have rented cars recently, recommend Ace Rental, Kenny's Car Rental, Original Car Rental, Brinks, Unity and Hertz.

Pick up and drop off at airport is best, XXXXX XXXXX's what you need. Most of these companies appear to offer that service.

I wish you a wonderful vacation, safe travel, and Happy Holidays!

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or concerns by clicking "Reply".

I hope you have found this answer helpful; if so, please click 'ACCEPT', as this is the only way I am compensated for helping you (although you have made a deposit/have a subscription, no payment is released to the Expert until you click 'Accept').

Positive Feedback and Bonuses are always welcomed and appreciated.

**Please request me in the future by typing "FOR CHER" to begin your question**

Best regards,