Kim D., Consultant
Experience:  Researcher 25 yrs in small and large institutions
49865320
Type Your Question Here...

OLD CHAIR

OLD CHAIR

Send pictures. I would be happy to take a look. Dori

Photobucket is a free and easy photosharing site. Download as many images there as you like in an album and I can get to them with your simple non email user name and password, if you record them for me here.

Or use our paper clip tool to attach one image here. If it is the right size it will take it and direct you through the process. For multiple attachments you will have to attach one at a time.

Thank you.

PS We do have an email option but it is slow so I like to try these first. If these tools above are not to your liking we can certainly talk about where to send images in an email message. :)

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
graphic

This is a great Eastlake walnut arm chair that dates to the period of 1875-1885. Well preserved carving and patina with a reuholstery. The value of this piece on the fine antique market today would be in the range of 500.00-600.00.

Victorian furniture is selling well lower than their value today if you need to sell this be aware that you may need to come down a bit..and that auctions are not the best place for fine Victoriana today (they are selling there well lower then they should across the US and World). If you sell, I would work on this yourself or through a local venue and would not come lower than the range of 350.00-450.00 but if you got this amount...you will be doing well.

Best wishes, Dori

PS Please remember to press "accept" as this is the only way JA pays its experts for their time and expertise! Thank you.