JB Umphrey
JB Umphrey, Consultant
Experience:  Skilled at assisting with general information needs.
Type Your Question Here...

do sheriff and city police monitor the same radio channels.

do sheriff and city police monitor the same radio channels. In other words if a sheriff requested to look up a tag does the city policy hear that request.
Category: General
Expert:  JB Umphrey replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for using JustAnswer!

The radio channels can be accessed by the public. Yes, law enforcement can monitor each other's channels.

Understand, however, that in many communities now, tag requests are not radioed anymore because the officers have in-car computers and look up their information.

It has been my pleasure to assist you today with your information needs. If you have a follow-up question, please reply and ask it.

If you are satisfied that your question has been answered, kindly select the ACCEPT button to close this thread and so that I receive credit for assisting you today.