JB Umphrey
JB Umphrey, Consultant
Experience:  Skilled at assisting with general information needs.
14211116
Type Your Question Here...

A man who has been begging for money/food for years in my neighborhood

A man who has been begging for money/food for years in my neighborhood always claims he is a Viet Nam Vet. My "gut" tell me he is not. When I confront him from some ID or proof he had none. Is one who is street beggar and claims to be a Viet Nam vet required to wear some form of ID around their neck. I hope does not sound foolish, but I am 66 and lost many dear High Schools friends in this War and if my suspicions are correct I will do whatever possible to removed him. Thank you and thank you for your Service.
Category: General
Expert:  JB Umphrey replied 5 years ago.
Thank you for using JustAnswer!

The answer to your question "Is one who is street beggar and claims to be a Viet Nam vet required to wear some form of ID around their neck." is No. The law does not require that.

Panhandling is against the law in many communities. You can report his activities to local law enforcement for follow-up.

It has been my pleasure to assist you today with your information needs. If you have a follow-up question, please reply and ask it.

If you are satisfied that your question has been answered, kindly select the ACCEPT button to close this thread and so that I receive credit for assisting you today.