Mr. Gregory White
Mr. Gregory White, Teacher
Experience:  M.A., M.S. Education / Educational Administration
46856550
Type Your Question Here...

Hi - after checking out several Online Universities I found

Customer Question

Hi - after checking out several Online Universities I found Westfield University (not to be confused with Westfield State) as being one of the longest-serving institutions. I would like to enroll for a Master's course and was wondering if Westfield Universitiy has regional accreditation and a degree will be internationally recognized!? Thank you for letting me know...
Category: General
Expert:  Jabi replied 5 years ago.
Hello dear client,

Thank you for your question, I have started work on your question and will soon post the answer for you :)

-Jabi
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thanks for our effort... Shall wait for your input!
Expert:  Jabi replied 5 years ago.
You are most welcome :)
Expert:  Jabi replied 5 years ago.
Hello dear client,

Click here for answer

Please hit ACCEPT BUTTON :)

-Jabi
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
The answer is from "Westfield State University"... I need to know about "Westfield University" - which is not the same (as stated in my initial question)...
Expert:  Jabi replied 5 years ago.
Hello dear client,

I searched a lot about westfield university but didn't get any information, do you have any official site of this university?

-Jabi
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Expert:  Jabi replied 5 years ago.
Okay
Expert:  Jabi replied 5 years ago.
Hello dear client,

Click here for answer

Please hit ACCEPT BUTTON :)

-Jabi
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Yep... I've seen that on their website - but do they have a REGIONAL accreditation (see my original query), i.e. can the credits e.g. be transferred to other Universities?

Expert:  Mr. Gregory White replied 5 years ago.

No, this is not even a true "University" - you can tell because any known university (accredited) would have a .edu extension and not a .com extension. They do not have a physical address and the phone number listed comes back to a cell phone service. They do not require any SAT or ACT test scores. If anything, this "school" is a diploma mill and your "degree" from this University would not be accepted anywhere, whether in the United States or internationally if they did any checking whatsoever.

This is a domain that was only bought in 2009 - registerd and run through 1and1 websites domain service (which is a low cost web hosting company and not one that a school would require for their servers).

I would not recommend attempting to use this school for your educational needs as the diploma will not be valid.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thank you very much for your input! That's basically the opposite of the advice before but helps me a lot with my decision...

No problem whatsoever - I immediately saw that .com and was concerned so did some research.

Dont forget to hit accept for me so I receive credit for my help today! :-)

You have a wonderful and blessed week.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Ok... But it doesn't necessarily mean that a .com - University is a fraud...!? I had lawyers testifying about another University with a .com website as beeing legitimate and acceptable (even though low-ranking to US-employers and not regionally accredited)!? Am a bit worried now...

Right. I agree. That was just what caught my eye and the reason why I did quite a bit of investigating on the site and the school.

This, however, is NOT a legitimate school. Any legitimate school would have working contact information besides a cell phone, would not be using a low tech web server, would not be stating 1930 when they have only been around 2009, and are not recognized or accreditation by any of the major accreditation organizations. This is not a legitimate university.
Mr. Gregory White, Teacher
Experience: M.A., M.S. Education / Educational Administration
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
...actually - the other one had an .org extention... sorry... But thank you so much again - where can I check what domain is provided by whom? Then I shall let you go :-)
The best place to look up domain ownership is to go to

Http://netsol.com

Then at the bottom of place click on WhoIs Lookup. This allows you to see all the domain registration information for a Website.