Cher, Educator-40+ yrs
Experience:  M.A., B.A., Author, Information & Research Specialist
Type Your Question Here...

Why can the men get away with returns while the womens are

Why can the men get away with returns while the womens are so dramastically different in sizes?
Category: General
Expert:  Cher replied 4 years ago.
Hello, and welcome to Just Answer.

Can you be a little more specific about what you would like to know, and I will be happy to help. Are you referring to returns of clothing?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
did you just not get the whole e-mail I sent you? I will go crazy!
Expert:  Cher replied 4 years ago.
Hi again, and thanks for your reply.

This is what came through in your question: "Why can the men get away with returns while the womens are so dramastically different in sizes?"

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Men's and Women's size 31 are so different in the states verses Europe etc...i just ordered some jeans in Europe size nad F'd k[
Expert:  Cher replied 4 years ago.
Hi again,

Yes, I've lived in Europe and I understand your frustration. The sizes ARE quite confusing for clothes as well as shoes.

If you ordered your jeans online, they usually provide a chart comparing the European sizes with the American sizes, so you can get the most accurate fit; however, it's always difficult ordering clothing online from anywhere, because you can't try it on. Even here in the States, the same sizes of jeans can vary and fit differently from different stores and different manufacturers.

As far as men's and women's sizes being so different in the States vs. Europe, this IS maddening, but I guess you just take a chance that what you order will fit; however, you always have the option of having a tailor make alterations to the jeans to get the best fit if it's not perfect when it arrives.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or concerns by clicking "Reply".

I hope you have found this answer helpful; if so, please click 'ACCEPT', as this is the only way I am compensated for helping you (although you have made a deposit/have a subscription, no payment is released to the Expert until you click 'Accept'). Your Positive Feedback is also always greatly appreciated, and Bonuses are welcomed.

Thank you for the opportunity to be of help!

Best regards,