Mr. Gregory White
Mr. Gregory White, Teacher
Experience:  M.A., M.S. Education / Educational Administration
46856550
Type Your Question Here...

My group from Crossroads Christisn Church are head for Punta

My group from Crossroads Christisn Church are head for Punta Cana, DR for working at two of the missions that we support. My question is that we are take bags with tools in them ( battery powered) and hand tools, is there a special tag we can get for those bags. In the past we have had those gone through and items that where not in the bags when we arrived and also bags not closed correctly and the bag destroyed . What is your suggestion if there are no special tags?
Category: General
Expert:  Mr. Gregory White replied 5 years ago.

Unfortunately, that is more of an issue with the airport you flew from as opposed to a TSA issue. Those items are alright as long as they are in the checked baggage and not in carry-on. While those bags are highly subject to search (and most likely will be searched), there should not be an issue with the items. If items were missing or bags destroyed that was an issue with the individual airport as opposed to a standing issue with the items.

http://www.tsa.gov/travelers/airtravel/prohibited/permitted-prohibited-items.shtm

As you see from the list, these are allowed.

The other option you have is to mail those items in advance so they are there when you arrive in the DR through UPS or USPS. This would prevent having to deal with the searching of the bags and those issues.

I hope this helped. If you need further followup, just hit reply.

Please be sure to hit accept as that is the only way I receive any credit for my response today.