Anna
Anna, Teacher, writer, biologist
Experience:  Great research skills, variety of work experiences, teaching experience.
6012901
Type Your Question Here...

Hello. I am looking for a tuxedos for my guys, but need them

Hello. I am looking for a tuxedos for my guys, but need them to be VERY LIGHT WEIGHT since it will be VERY WARM/HOT. Can you suggest a fabric? I see stores advertise "super light weight" suits and tuxedos and wonder what makes them so super light weight? I have also run across 'super 150's wool' ??
Category: General
Expert:  Anna replied 5 years ago.

I apologize that no one has responded to your question sooner. Different experts come online at various times. I just came online and saw your question.

Most of the tuxedos advertised as light weight are made of wool. At first glance, one would think wool would be warm, but what makes it a good choice for warm weather is that wool 'breathes.' It allows air to circulate through it and the body can stay cooler. Wool also wicks moisture (perspiration) away from the body. The way the wool is woven into material also makes a difference in the weight of the fabric. Here is a link to a website that shows some of these lightweight tuxedos. If you see one you like, you can enter your zip code to find a store.

http://www.tuxedocentral.com/light-weight-tuxedos.aspx

All of the super wools (100, 120, 150 etc.) are called super because they are woven from very fine fibers. 150 is the finest of all. Because the fibers are so fine, the fabric is very lightweight. You can read more about wool grading here:

http://www.sierratradingpost.com/lp2/wool-guide/

If you have more questions, let em know by clicking on REPLY. Good luck finding tuxedos that are perfect for your event.

Anna