Cher
Cher, Educator-40+ yrs
Experience:  M.A., B.A., Author, Senior Informational Specialist
1470369
Type Your Question Here...

How could I reach a factor combination for my safe? The manual

How could I reach a factor combination for my safe? The manual is in side the safe. XXX@XXXXXX.XXX
Category: General
Expert:  Cher replied 2 years ago.
Hello, and welcome to Just Answer.

Who is the manufacturer of your safe and what is the model number?

Is the combination an electronic/digital one or a manual/dial one?

Does the safe also require a key to open in additition to the combination lock, and if so, do you have the key?

Thanks for all your additional detail, enabling me to send you the most complete answer.
Cher
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have two safes and niether are opening both were made by Sentry Safe. One has a key and a push botton pad I do have the key, the other is a electronic one (DSW3607BD77686). I don't have the modle number for the key assisted combination safe.

Robert

Expert:  Cher replied 2 years ago.
Hello again, Robert and thanks for your reply with additional information. Also, thanks for your patience; I experienced some internet problems as I was about to send your answer.

For your protection and security, the only way to obtain information on how to find out your original factory set combination and/or to reset the combination for your safes, is directly from the manufacturer; follow the instructions at this link:
https://www.sentrysafe.com/CustomerCare/Lost_Your_Combination

As you can see, you will also need to submit the model number and serial number, in addition to a notarized form, proving that you are the rightful owner of the safe. Once you request a new combination and submit the notary form (click on 'notary form' at the link I included above), Sentry will be able to provide you with instructions on how to reset your combination.

Since you don't know the model number of both safes, you will need to call Sentry first, to explain your circumstances. Here is their contact information:
https://www.sentrysafe.com/ContactUs/Call_Or_Email_Us

For your convenience, their phone number is: 1-800-828-1438 and their hours are Monday through Friday, 9AM to 9PM, Eastern time.

Look near the lower hinge on the door for a sticker that says 'Sentry' and the model number should be located on there. If not, the sticker may have fallen off.

If you have been trying the combination multiple times, as you mentioned, the system may have locked you out from between 15 minutes and 24 hours, so wait a while and try again. Also, it's possible that the batteries are dead and this is causing the problem with getting your safes open. Try changing the batteries and see if this helps. If you don't know how to change the batteries, please let me know and I will help.

I wish you much good luck and hope you are able to open your safes without too much difficulty.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or concerns by clicking "Reply".

I hope you have found this answer helpful; if so, please click 'ACCEPT', as this is the only way I am compensated for helping you (although you have made a deposit/have a subscription, no payment is released to the Expert until you click 'Accept'). Your Positive Feedback is also always greatly appreciated, and Bonuses are welcomed.

Thank you for the opportunity to be of help!

Best regards,
Cher
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

How do you replace the batteries.

Robert

Expert:  Cher replied 2 years ago.
Hi again, Robert and thanks for your reply.

To replace the batteries on your model DSW3607, follow these directions:

Remove and discard the screw (if
equipped) at the base of the lock case (right under the electronic keypad).

Turn the electronic lock case to the
right (clockwise), from 12 o’clock to
2 o’clock, and remove. This might be tight, so apply some strength.

Insert 4 new AA batteries

Replace the electronic lock case and turn to the
left (to 12 o’clock) to reassemble.
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Best regards,
Cher
Cher, Educator-40+ yrs
Experience: M.A., B.A., Author, Senior Informational Specialist