Patience, Internet Researcher
Experience:  MA Clinical Psychology; BS Health Sciences
Type Your Question Here...

What is the out look for sugar world wide 6 to 9 months out

Did I recently see in the "news" that Brazil is in a serious drought
Category: General
Expert:  Patience replied 4 years ago.

Patience :

Hi- Welcome to Just Answer. Thank you for your question.

Brazil had a severe drought this past summer from May through June. Although this has led to decreases in Brazil’s sugar production and a temporary market rebound for sugar prices, many analysts are predicting a continued drop in the next few months. This is due to a boost in world production overall and a stabilization of demand from China.

The three main suppliers of sugar worldwide are Brazil, Thailand and Australia. Russia and the Ukraine have been stepping up their production as well. Extensive problems due to environmental, economic, or political disasters in these places over the next few months loom large as potential factors that could change all this and contribute to sugar price increases.

Please let me know if you need further info or clarification, and click the green ACCEPT button so that I can receive credit for my work. Positive feedback and bonuses are always greatly appreciated!