Martin, Engineer
Experience:  i'm 41 and i never stopped studying and experimenting
Type Your Question Here...

What can i do with my sons used xbox games? They are all

Customer Question

What can i do with my son's used xbox games? They are all in excellent condition. I also have some for PS2
Category: General
Expert:  Joan replied 4 years ago.

My son has a lot of games and when he is done we have a couple of options. One is Game Stop will buy back games or give credit for future games purchased.

Toys R Us will buy used games and give you a gift card that you can use anywhere in the store.

Target now has a Kiosk where they sell, Cell phones, and they will take in games and give you a gift card for electronics, but the drawback is the card has to be used that day to buy something.

The last option is to put an Ad on Craig's list and sell the games individually or in a bundle.

My son will trade for credit for new games coming out at Game Stop, or Toys R Us for credit to purchase new games or accessories. Happy Holidays! Joan

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Yes, I've been to Game Stop, but they pay pennies on the dollar. Craigslist, I've done that as well, but not too successful and I don't like meeting people at pubic spots for such a small sale item. Where have you seen, on the average, as i know it all depends on the age of the game, that you get the most for your money?

Thanks -

Expert:  Martin replied 4 years ago.

For sport game, nothing to do other than taking the 1 or $2 game store offer you.

For more valuable game is the best, XXXXX XXXXX expect much more than $15, $7 is the norm for average games. You can sometime get $70 for rare game and $120 for some very rare ones that happen to also be great games.

If you give me a list of the games i could quickly give you values for them.

Note that the original Xbox have often the best versions when it come to third party games in that generation so they sometime can go a little higher.
Martin, Engineer
Experience: i'm 41 and i never stopped studying and experimenting
Expert:  Joan replied 4 years ago.

My son had at one point between all the game systems, over 700 games and even the best shooter games on Ebay did not bring much more than $25-$30 and that was with original packaging and all the add ons. Those games were considered the elite editions and my son paid upward in the $150 range new. The games just loose the value. You can try an ad in the newspaper, but unfortunately, the games will come nowhere near the value originally paid. Joan

An example, we had a new PSP thinline 2001 in the box with accessories and games that was given to my husband as a gift. I just sold it for $85.00. Value when purchased almost $250.00

Expert:  Martin replied 4 years ago.
Shooter game are like sport games, they have about no value because they are the flavor of the month for the last 2 generations of game console. If you take a Call For Duty or a Grand thief Auto San Andreas, you can be sure the market is flooded. Now try to buy a NES Stadium Event cart as only 200 where distributed. Other game you may like to sell for money: Border Down for Dreamcast Panzer Dragoon Saga for Saturn Radiant SilverGun for Saturn Those cost in hundred, but you can still sell good games for amount worth it, there is an auction from an experienced seller currently pricing a SMS card at $18! Einhander, an old PS1 game, currently average $40 but will eventually reach $100. Reread my original post and you will see what i said about for average non rare game and then what i said about rare ones.