Cher
Cher, Educator-40+ yrs
Experience:  M.A., B.A., Author, Information & Research Specialist
1470369
Type Your Question Here...

fine dining question: how to order in a fine restaurant...

fine dining question: how to order in a fine restaurant... menu has 3 different menu(s) at top is discovery menu, then menu degustation and grand menu degustation with each having a price. Each menu item has a seperate price. Question: is Discover and/or Degustation an order of each item ?
Category: General
Expert:  Cher replied 5 years ago.
Hello, and welcome back to Just Answer.

Thanks for your very interesting question.

All the types of menus you mentioned: Discovery, Degustation and Grand Degustation, are based on the same prinicple: they are composed of small portions of different types of unusual dishes and chef's specialties which are offered for 'tasting'. In other words, the meal is comprised of of a series of these smaller portions that are not on typical menus. If there is a price next to each item, you can order as many or as few as you like. If you mean there is a fixed price for each of the menus, that means that a meal comprised of a specific number of 'courses' of each of these unusual items offered.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or concerns by clicking "Reply".

I hope you have found this answer helpful; if so, please click 'ACCEPT', as this is the only way I am compensated for helping you (although you have made a deposit, no payment is released to the Expert until you click 'Accept'). Your Positive Feedback is also always greatly appreciated, and Bonuses are welcomed.

***If you wish to request me in the future, please type 'FOR CHER' at the beginning of your question***

Thank you for the opportunity to be of help!

Best regards,
Cher