Joan, Internet Researcher
Experience:  I believe that knowledge is Power! I would like to try to share my knowledge with others.
Type Your Question Here...

does anyone know? what happens if one takes an AmeriCorps vista

does anyone know? what happens if one takes an AmeriCorps vista position, which provides health insurance,...and in the course of the year or two that the person signs up for is diagnosed with a serious illness which precludes the completion of the time the person has signed up for, the worst illness that comes to my mind is cancer or something equally as devastating. can the person continue with the health ibnsurance or will they be dropped cold?

I spent two Years as an Americops Volunteer. The insurance is regulated by Americops and has an information page where you can ask the questions about the insurance. This is a link for the information about the Insurance and contact numbers in which you can call to ask questions:

Some of the Seniors I worked with did use the insurance and I know one had to be hospitalized and was cared for by the insurance and was not dropped. That was 10 years ago, so Thing may have changed since then, but you can read through the information supplied in the link above and even call to ask questions to the company about the policies. I can tell you during my time of service, we were well cared for. Joan