Joan
Joan, Internet Researcher
Experience:  I believe that knowledge is Power! I would like to try to share my knowledge with others.
5071285
Type Your Question Here...

I just want to know that this life is true and real, that God

I just want to know that this life is true and real, that God is true and real, that the Bible is true and real. I have been having these fears that I am stuck in a dream, and what if all of this, including the Bible, is a dream? Will God reveal these answers to me? It has been causing me anxiety and depression.
Category: General
Expert:  Joan replied 5 years ago.

I can assure you that you are not in a dream. The Bible is the word of God written and passed down through the years. God does reveal himself to those that believe. Faith is one of the strongest thoughts we have to fight anxiety and depression.

In Psalms 23:6 Surely goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever. This is real and in the old testiment of the Bible. This is belief. It also says in the old testiment that "I am the Lord Thy God, and there shall be no other gods before me." There is one God, many people of the world give him a different name, but all worship God.

This is a very good You Tube video that is turely inspirational: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ervcj18qeyg

In order for you to understand that this is real you need to let yourself go, to believe with your heart and soul, do not doubt as that is the work of evil, put your faith in God. Once you do let yourself go without the doubt and use your Faith in God, the anxiety and depression will be lifted.

In Isiah 14:1 And it shall come to pass in the day that the LORD shall give you rest from your sorrow, and from your fear, and from the hard bondage in which you were made to serve.

Throughout the Bible it speaks of the merciful goodness of God. Take time to seek someone who will read the Bible with you and share the word of God not only as words, but as what is real.

I hope you will be able to open your Heart and mind to God, to allow him to reveal himself to you and help you through this rough time in your life. My Pastor has a saying" Let Go, Let God".

http://www.purposedriven.com/blogs/dailyhope/index.html?contentid=7450

Joan

Joan, Internet Researcher
Experience: I believe that knowledge is Power! I would like to try to share my knowledge with others.
Expert:  NewEnglandMan replied 5 years ago.

Your question instantly reminded me of a famous poem written by St. John of the Cross, Dark Night of the Soul. The phrase has come to be used to describe a period of spiritual crisis in which a believer can feel abandoned and confused. Prayer often becomes difficult in such times.

Please remember that God has not abandoned you, and you shouldn't feel bad about having these thoughts. We see in the Psalms when King David has these same feelings and God never punishes him (Psalms 13, 22, and 44).

Perhaps the most famous "dark night" was that of Jesus himself, when he himself quotes Psalm 22 with the words "My God, My God, why have you forsaken me?"

I would suggest that you continue to pray and know that many holy men and women have experienced the same anguish that you currently are going through. Ask God, through His grace, to open your heart again to Him and His Spirit. You will be rewarded in the end as the darkness fades away, and you will again be able to enjoy a relationship with God.