Cher, Educator-40+ yrs
Experience:  M.A., B.A., Author, Information & Research Specialist
Type Your Question Here...

I have a 1965 G1 Yamaha baby grand piano. It is in excellent

I have a 1965 G1 Yamaha baby grand piano. It is in excellent condition. The wood is pecan-colored and is also in excellent condition. It has been tuned every year and I am the only owner. I am downsizing and someone wants to buy the piano. I don't know what to sell it for. (It also has three pedals).
Category: General
Expert:  Cher replied 4 years ago.
Hello, and welcome to Just Answer.

Your piano sounds gorgeous and very well taken care of! It sounds like the local music store acted in an unprofessional way. No piano is past it's playing time if it is 'kept up', and by having it tuned every year, you have certainly done that! The asking prices of pianos similar to yours are about $5000 and up, on eBay, so that should give you a good idea of asking price. You can see more here:

I wish you much good luck and hope you are able to get a good price for your piano!

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or concerns by clicking "Reply".

I hope you have found this answer helpful; if so, please click 'ACCEPT', as this is the only way I am compensated for helping you (although you have made a deposit, no payment is released to the Expert until you click 'Accept'). Your Positive Feedback is also always greatly appreciated, and Bonuses are welcomed.

***If you wish to request me in the future, please type 'FOR CHER' at the beginning of your question***

Thank you for the opportunity to be of help!

Best regards,