Cher
Cher, Educator-40+ yrs
Experience:  M.A., B.A., Author, Senior Informational Specialist
1470369
Type Your Question Here...

Old coins what is the value of a 1950 penny in mint condi

Old coins
what is the value of a 1950 penny in mint condition
Category: General
Expert:  Cher replied 3 years ago.
Hello, and welcome back to Just Answer.

Are you referring to a 1950 Lincoln U.S. penny?

It's in mint condition, never circulated?

What letter is located under '1950'?

Thanks for all your additional detail.
Cher
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No sorry its an Australian penny
Expert:  Cher replied 3 years ago.
Hi again, and thanks very much for your reply with additional and helpful information.

Here is information about three different kinds of Australian pennies minted in 1950:

Australian 1950 bronze Penny--George VI--(minted in Melbourne - no mintmark), uncirculated and in absolute mint condition could be worth up to $55 AUD. If it has been circulated, but is still in good condition, it might be worth anywhere from $0.50 to $14 AUD. There were 36,358 million of these pennies minted.

Australian 1950 bronze Penny--George VI--(minted in Perth with mintmark 'Y'), uncirculated and in absolute mint condition could be worth up to $180 AUD. If it has been circulated but is still in good condition, it might be worth anywhere from $1 to $38 AUD. There were 21,488 million of these pennies minted.

Australian 1950 bronze Penny--George VI--(Proof--minted in Perth with mintmark 'Y'), uncirculated and in absolute mint condition could be worth up to $50,000 AUD.

A reputable coin dealer in your area will be able to provide you with a more accurate valuation after seeing the penny in person.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or concerns by clicking "Reply".

I hope you have found this answer helpful; if so, please click 'ACCEPT', as this is the only way I am compensated for helping you (although you have made a deposit, no payment is released to the Expert until you click 'Accept'). Your Positive Feedback is also always greatly appreciated, and Bonuses are welcomed.

***If you wish to request me in the future, please type 'FOR CHER' at the beginning of your question***

Thank you for the opportunity to be of help!

Best regards,
Cher
Cher, Educator-40+ yrs
Experience: M.A., B.A., Author, Senior Informational Specialist