Cher, Educator-40+ yrs
Experience:  M.A., B.A., Author, Information & Research Specialist
Type Your Question Here...

I know this is not your particular area of language, but.....

I know this is not your particular area of language, but..... I am trying to learn Cambodian (bot) and I was wondering if you could point me in the best direction for learning this language. I have no one close that speaks bot and I need to learn it with little support from friends and neighbors.

What would be the best way to learn?
Hi Customer and welcome back to Just Answer.

If you are looking to learn the total language, including reading, writing and speaking, take a look at some of these online programs:

Since you don't have many people around you who speak the language, you can practice with new friends online:

This will be helpful, as the words and phrases are written phonetically for you, in English:

As you already indicated, you are aware that the best way to learn a language is to surround yourself with native speakers and listen to it/hear it as frequently as possible and practice speaking. Try to seek out any particular neighborhoods or stores where you know Cambodian people live/work, and that might be a good way to find some practice partners.

I wish you much good luck with your new language endeavors!

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or concerns by clicking "Reply".

I hope you have found this answer helpful; if so, please click 'ACCEPT', as this is the only way I am compensated for helping you (although you have made a deposit, no payment is released to the Expert until you click 'Accept'). Your Positive Feedback is also always greatly appreciated, and Bonuses are welcomed.

***If you wish to request me in the future, please type 'FOR CHER' at the beginning of your question***

Thank you for the opportunity to be of help!

Best regards,