Cher
Cher, Educator-40+ yrs
Experience:  M.A., B.A., Author, Senior Informational Specialist
1470369
Type Your Question Here...

my father told me a story when i was a young boy that when

my father told me a story when i was a young boy that when i was about 2 years old i had a feavor was sleeping in my crib,as i was not well my mum was watching me as she folded laundry i stud up in my crib and sed my name is XXXXX XXXXX laid back down,eny explenaition of what hapend or who cocodeen was.
Category: General
Expert:  Cher replied 2 years ago.
Hello, and welcome to Just Answer.

From your description of the incident, it sounds like you were most likely delirious from the fever and being quite ill, and you said your name was cocodeen because you weren't truly conscious; this may have been the name of a character in a book your parents read to you, an oral story they told you, or a name or word you had heard recently, but didn't really understand what/who it was. It's also possible that you combined two unrelated words to make 'cocodeen' and/or that it was purely a nonsensical word you made up, at your young age.

That is the most reasonable explanation for the event you described your dad relating to you.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or concerns by clicking "Reply".

I hope you have found this answer helpful; if so, please click 'ACCEPT', as this is the only way I am compensated for helping you (although you have made a deposit, no payment is released to the Expert until you click 'Accept'). Your Positive Feedback is also always greatly appreciated, and Bonuses are welcomed.

***If you wish to request me in the future, please type 'FOR CHER' at the beginning of your question***

Thank you for the opportunity to be of help!

Best regards,
Cher
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
is it possible that i was cocodeen in a past life or was chaneling a spirt.
Expert:  Cher replied 2 years ago.
Hello again, and thanks for your reply.

That is always a possibility, but is typically unusual in one so young. I truly believe you made up the word due to your delirium from the illness/fever. I researched cocodeen to see if it was a character in a children's story, but it wasn't. The only thing I found, was the name of a current rap star. If you were taking medicine for your illness, it's possible it contained 'codeine', you heard your parents say that, and tried to repeat it in your 'babyish' way.

Best regards,
Cher
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i was told i had not started forming sestenses yet and only spoke the od word,after meny times of internet surching iv only came up with the same rap singer.
Expert:  Cher replied 2 years ago.
Hello again, and thanks for your additional and helpful information!

Yes, I wanted to ask what your verbal abilities were at that age, because some children start speaking in sentences 'early' and others, start becoming more verbal just around that age. If you were only saying single, odd, words at that age, I do think it was just an inexplicable word that came out of your mouth due to the fever. When you're delirious from a high fever, you can say things you don't remember saying and also have no explanation for them. Well, of course, since you were so young, you didn't remember the incident, but I can understand how frustrating it is for you to not understand why you would say this particular word, after your father related the story to you.

Best regards,
Cher
Cher, Educator-40+ yrs
Experience: M.A., B.A., Author, Senior Informational Specialist
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
thank you,you have been help full goodness and good fortune be yours:0}
Expert:  Cher replied 2 years ago.
You are most welcome!

It was my pleasure to be of help to you, and your accept is most appreciated.

My good fortune always shine upon you, as well. : )

Best regards,
Cher