Mr. Gregory White
Mr. Gregory White, Teacher
Experience:  M.A., M.S. Education / Educational Administration
46856550
Type Your Question Here...

I got the email below in the last few days. I am confirming,

I got the email below in the last few days. I am confirming, this is a scam, isn't it?

On Fri, Nov 4, 2011 at 12:42 PM, Barrister Bruce Bolin wrote:

BARRISTER BRUCE BOLIN CHAMBERS
FROM THE DESK OF
BARRISTER BRUCE BOLIN
33B NOTTING HILL GATE
LONDON, W11 3JQ
UNITED KINGDOM.

Good Day Heather Mc Kenzie,
I acknowledge the receipt of your email and I wish to let you know that the name of the testator that made you the legatee of the funds is Dr. Barry M. Rudner. Until his death he was a member of the Rotary Club International and he died on the 2nd day of July 2009 at the age of 75years and his WILL is now ready for execution. According to him this money is to support your humanitarian activities and to help the poor and the needy in your society.

Furthermore, I want to let you know that Late Dr. Barry M. Rudner would not have made you the legatee of the funds without having any knowledge about you. So you do not need to be under any illusion regarding the execution of this inheritance. Being a widely traveled man, he must have been in contact with you in the past or simply you were recommended to him by one of his numerous friends abroad who wished you good, who most likely might happens to be your friends or relatives.I can imagine that the Late Dr. Barry M. Rudner must have known that you will put the fund to good use for the less privileged of which he was aware that you can achieve, that was why he selected you.

Frankly speaking, I want you to know you have absolute right to reject this secret trust as much as you have the right to accept it as well. If you wish to turn it down then let me know so I can send you a secret trust rejection form to fill and revert back to this office. I am not at liberty to question my late client's choice of making you a benefactor of his SECRET TRUST. Also, understand that I don't know you neither have I met you before, but my contacting you was based on the recommendation of the deceased

I know you will like to know why he chooses you but these are answers I cannot help you with. At this time, I can only carry out my duties as directed by my client, I will suggest you think this through and let me know what you want to do. Sincerely XXXXX XXXXX do not need to be worried about anything regarding this bequest, as the process is legitimate and transparency in nature.

To enable me complete the process of releasing the three hundred and seventy-five thousand Great Britain pounds (375,000GBP) to you, by virtue being the legatee as instructed by the late Dr. Barry M. Rudner in the secret trust. You are required to provide me with the below information for verification purpose. I have never met you before and to be able to carry out my duties effectively as the sole executor of the secret trust of Late Dr. Barry M. Rudner,I must be convinced that you are who the secret trust says you are. The required info is given below:

FULL NAME:............. ......................
HOME ADDRESS:..............................
OFFICE ADDRESS:.......................................
MOBILE TEL:...............HOME TEL:...................
OCCUPATION:............................................
COUNTRY:........CITY:.........STATE:...................
SEX:.............................

Any discrepancies in the information provided by you will mean that I am contacting the wrong person and I will stop all communication with you out rightly. Meanwhile, find an attached a scan copy of LATE Dr. Barry M. Rudner's DEATH CERTIFICATE and a copy of my legal profile for your perusal. Finally, I am fully aware of the scam activities that are going on in the internet and I want to let you know that I am a well dedicated catholic and I can not indulge myself into any fraudulent activities for any reasons whatsoever as it is against my ethics and moral as a legal professional. You have to trust me in the execution of this secret trust and by the special grace and the guidance of the almighty God, this transaction will be completed successfully. I look forward to hearing from you as soon as possible.

God Bless,
BARRISTER BRUCE BOLIN Esq.
TEL:(+44)7011120936.
Category: General
Expert:  replied 2 years ago.

educatortech :

Yes, this is a scam.. I actually recently had this exact email sent to one of my other clients

educatortech :

These are mass emailed out to as many as possible to get however many they can to send them money

educatortech :

This is an advanced fee fraud... what will happen is that they will start to tell you to get your "inheritance" which is of course from an unknown relative who somehow magically found you through email and not any other method

educatortech :

they will then say there is a transfer fee or tax - something along those lines

educatortech :

and they will need that sent to them through Western Union - which is the same as sending them cash that you will never see again.

educatortech :

This is 100% for sure a scam - please just delete the email and have no further contact. If it sounds too good to be true, it almost always is when it is unsolicited email where you get your "winnings" or "inheritance"

educatortech :

Please be sure to hit accept as that is the way I receive credit for my response to you. If you need followup, just hit reply! :-)

Mr. Gregory White, Teacher
Experience: M.A., M.S. Education / Educational Administration