TaxTom, Internet Researcher
Experience:  Years of experience of finding questions for employeers, family and friends.
Type Your Question Here...

I would like to now how to get big business to donate to charity

I would like to now how to get big business to donate to charity fundraisers
Category: General
Expert:  TaxTom replied 4 years ago.

TaxTom :

Hello, Most large business has a system to support charities in place. The trick is to be sure you apply during that open window. For Example: Walmart has community giving program and you can talk to a store manager for an application. Targert use gifts tied to the use of their credit card as well as community gifts. Almost all of the fortune 500 companies have some charity aspect and you can contact the companies and ask for an application. In my area the local utilitiy companies are giving funds if you make your facility more energy efficient. In case of local small and medium business a direct approach seems to work best, XXXXX XXXXX make an appointment or if you know the owner that usually are not offend if you come and show them your goals. The best local giving is the sale of advertising or sponsership or a popular fund raiser is to ask for donations of merchandise and auction off the merchandise to raise money. Thanks Tom

Thank you for your answer.