Sijad H.
Sijad H., Consultant
Experience:  Jack of all trades. I know a little bit about a lot of bit.
Type Your Question Here...

What is the best way to preserve roses after being taken out

What is the best way to preserve roses after being taken out of a vase. We had a death in the family and I'd like to keep the roses as part of a memorial. Suggestions?

Hi and thank you for your question, I will be happy to assist you.

The easiest method is air-drying. Roses can be dried individually or in small bunches. Remove leaves from stems and make sure that they are bunched loosely and that there is enough air circulating throughout the bunch. Hang the rose bunches upside down in a dark, dry, warm room. When the stems are dry and rigid (which should take about one to two weeks), the flowers are ready to be stored.
Another method to dry your roses is to press them. Weight pressing is a simple way to preserve individual or small bunches of roses. Simply place roses (whole buds or just the petals) between the pages of a heavy book. You may want to line the pages with wax paper, so as to preserve the book. Close the book and place something heavy on top. After two or three weeks, the flowers will be ready to be stored.