Cher
Cher, Educator-40+ yrs
Experience:  M.A., B.A., Author, Senior Informational Specialist
Type Your Question Here...

Is there sites where I can look up the history of a house

Is there sites where I can look up the history of a house? I know if I went to the towns historical society etc. I could get information, but I'm in ND and the house is in Wisc. and I really don't want to pay big buck to a searcher just for a courisoty
Category: General
Expert:  A. Schuyler replied 2 years ago.

Welcome to Just Answer and thanks for your question. Unless a home is an historical site and already has been researched, the only way to learn its history is to go to the courthouse and check deeds going backward through every time it has changed hands, all the way back to the original owners. This does involve paying someone (usually $35- $50 per hour) for their time spent researching plus any associated fees (copying, parking, etc.). Real estate information is generally NOT available online except for the most recent sales (past year) transactions if a locale makes that information public at all.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
this home was for sale recently. Perhaps I will ask them. I really can't accept your answer since it was exactly what I stated I didn't want. Sorry
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Answer quality.
Expert:  Cher replied 2 years ago.
Hi again, Ann and welcome back to Just Answer.

Very often, you can find the sales history of a house by accessing the Property Appraiser online website in the particular city/county where the house is located. Some cities/counties have this information available online and accessible if you have the address and/or owner's name, but some do not allow online access.

You mentioned you're looking for the 'history' a house, and I assumed you meant sales history. If this is not what you meant, please clarify and I will be happy to help you further.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or concerns by clicking "Reply".

I hope you have found this answer helpful; if so, please click 'ACCEPT', as this is the only way I am compensated for helping you (although you have made a deposit, no payment is released to the Expert until you click 'Accept'). Your Positive Feedback is also always greatly appreciated, and Bonuses are welcomed.

***If you wish to request me in the future, please type 'FOR CHER' at the beginning of your question***

Thank you for the opportunity to be of help!

Best regards,
Cher
Cher, Educator-40+ yrs
Experience: M.A., B.A., Author, Senior Informational Specialist