Patience, Internet Researcher
Experience:  MA Clinical Psychology; BS Health Sciences
Type Your Question Here...

my wife mailed my reguestion in before the smog was done 1st

my wife mailed my reguestion in before the smog was done 1st smog failed a week later my veh. pass smog now I get a call saying that I have to take veh. in to get inspection at some place that sounded like glassco no address and no call back number is XXXXX the way ca. does bus.
Category: General
Expert:  Patience replied 4 years ago.
Hi- Welcome to Just Answer and thanks for your question.

The DMV generally leaves the location of the inspection to the vehicle owner. Also, they generally allow for paying your renewal fees before you get the smog certification Therefore, you need to call to insure that there are no unusual circumstances with the vehicle. You should call your local DMV or 1-800-777-0133 between the hours of 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. and ask about what your next step should be. You can get the number for your local DMV office at

Good luck to you! I'm happy to supply clarification if needed. Please click the ACCEPT button so that I can receive credit for my work. Positive feedback and bonuses are always greatly appreciated!