How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Patience Your Own Question
Patience, Internet Researcher
Category: General
Satisfied Customers: 291
Experience:  MA Clinical Psychology; BS Health Sciences
Type Your Question Here...
Patience is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I want to buy an old boat (1952) It was once registered in

Customer Question

I want to buy an old boat (1952) It was once registered in Connecticut (1990) I want to register it for use - what do I need?
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: General
Expert:  Patience replied 5 years ago.
Hi- Welcome to Just Answer and thanks for your question.
Registering a boat in CT requires a bit of paperwork, so it is good you are asking about what's needed ahead of time. Since they do not let you take care of this in-person, you will need to get the forms and then mail them in.

What you will need:
  • The previous registration number, to be used for the re-registration
  • A completed Bill of Sale form (H-31) If the seller is not the last registered owner, form H-31 must be submitted for each ownership transfer back to the last registered owner.
  • Proof of payment of Sales and Use Tax for form B-148
  • A check for the amount of the Connecticut sales tax
  • A copy of the Certificate of Decal
  • An Application for Vessel Registration and Certificate of Number or Decalform (B-148). Either fill out the information online to have form B-148 mailed to you or you can request the form by calling(NNN) NNN-NNNNin the Hartford area or outside of Connecticut or(NNN) NNN-NNNN(Toll-free within Connecticut only).
Fee Schedule:|#27865

I am also including links to the official DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR VESSEL REGISTRATION and the DMV website at

Good luck to you!

Please click the green ACCEPT button so that I can receive credit for my work. Positive feedback and bonuses are always greatly appreciated!

Patience and 58 other General Specialists are ready to help you
Expert:  Patience replied 5 years ago.
Please let me know if you need anything further, then click the ACCEPT button so that I can receive credit for my work.

Related General Questions