Teacher Editor
Teacher Editor, Teacher
Experience:  I am a good researcher
19568076
Type Your Question Here...

I live in Indiana and am may be changing jobs. My current

I live in Indiana and am may be changing jobs. My current job offers health insurance, but the new one may not. Since I am shopping around for health insurance, I thought perhaps I can get a vision plan since I buy contacts every few months. I'm also due for a routine exam. Any suggestions? Thank you.

Linda Roch :

Hello and welcome! If you have any other questions, please let me know or please click Accept.

Linda Roch :

If you are looking at possibly not having health insurance, you want to look at a few different plans that will offer health insurance and have vision as an addition.

Linda Roch :

This could be Assurant or Blue Cross Blue Shield or even another provider.

Linda Roch :

My best advice would be to get an insurance agent to go through all the options and explain the pros and cons to you.

Linda Roch :

However, I would definitely get a health insurance option in addition to the vision because if something happens and you don't have health, you may end up in a dire financial situation forever.

Linda Roch :

If you need to find an insurance agent, just type in health insurance agent into google

Linda Roch :

You may also want to look into an Aflac option which is supplemental insurance