Patience, Internet Researcher
Experience:  MA Clinical Psychology; BS Health Sciences
Type Your Question Here...

Who can tell me whether shoreline in Kahana, Maui will push

Who can tell me whether shoreline in Kahana, Maui will push the sand back a lot during next 10 years due to globle warming? I want to buy a property in waterfront. Now the building Royal Kahana is less than 100 feet from the water. xxxx
Category: General
Expert:  Patience replied 4 years ago.

Patience :

Hi- Welcome to Just Answer and thanks for your question.Since the end of World War II, West Maui has lost 2.8 miles of beaches to erosion, with Kahana being one of the areas of the worst erosion. The rise in sea levels has almost doubled in the last 10 years. Estimates of sea level rise by the year 2100 is between 1 to 2 meters (~3.28- 6.5 feet).

I'm happy to supply clarification if needed. Please click the ACCEPT button so that I can receive credit for my work. Positive feedback and bonuses are always greatly appreciated!
Patience :

To see a pictoral reprersentation of the effect, see the following link: above information points to the fact that the timeframe is more like several decades rather than just one. However, the process does seem to be speeding up. So it probably will push the sand back a lot, but not for awhile. Remember though, all this is based on estimates. There are no certainties in predictin g the effects of global warming.