Tyler, Professional Researcher & Musician
Experience:  B.M & M.M.. Skilled at in-depth research. Former police officer.
Type Your Question Here...

How long would it take me to learn to play piano

How long would it take me to learn to play piano?
Hi, welcome back to Just Answer and thanks for your question!

I am a professional musician and have played piano for over 20 years. In most cases, for an adult learning piano with no prior musical background, you should allow two years to have a basic understanding and four or more years for an intermediate playing level. This assumes 30-60 minutes of practice each day and one lesson per week with a professional teacher. I hope this helps and wish you the best!

Once I have answered your question, please press ACCEPT if our conversation is complete as that is the only way I am compensated for the time and research I personally put into your individual question. Pressing Accept does not charge you again it just credits me for my work. If you need more information, please press REPLY so I can help you further. Please press either Accept or Reply before leaving this page so I know how to proceed. Positive feedback is very beneficial to me and, if you are able to take a minute once the process is over to leave some I would greatly appreciate it. If you have reason to leave less than positive feedback, please contact me first so I can ensure you are properly assisted with your question. Thanks and best wishes!