Cher
Cher, Educator-40+ yrs
Experience:  M.A., B.A., Author, Senior Informational Specialist
1470369
Type Your Question Here...

Thinking about travellig to Lagos, Nigeria. Will it be safe

Thinking about travellig to Lagos, Nigeria. Will it be safe? any special things I need to think about. What hotels would be recommendable?
Category: General
Expert:  Cher replied 2 years ago.
Hello again, and welcome back to Just Answer!

Lagos, Nigeria is typically considered a pretty dangerous place for tourists. The crime rate is quite high and many illegal acts take place there on a steady basis, including kidnappings, bombings, robberies and murders. Many countries' State Departments recommend against visiting Lagos, due to these reasons, so you can weigh the situation and decide what you would like to do.

Perhaps you can find an equally interesting place to visit, which does not have the negative reputation Lagos, Nigeria does.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or concerns by clicking "Reply".

I hope you have found this answer helpful; if so, please click 'ACCEPT', as this is the only way I am compensated for helping you (although you have made a deposit, no payment is released to the Expert until you click 'Accept'). Your Positive Feedback is also always greatly appreciated, and Bonuses are welcomed.

Thank you for the opportunity to be of help!

Best regards,
Cher
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

There is an american man who iknow who is stuck in Lagos and it is killing me I am so conserned for him and his safety. Can youdo soemkind of a search fr a Mr David Frank that travelled from USA to Nigeria in 2010. How can he pe helped.

please

Expert:  Cher replied 2 years ago.
Hi again, and thanks for your reply with additional information.

Do you know Mr. David Frank personally--I mean, have you met him in person or did you meet him/have you been communicating online? Lagos is also known for many 'scams' involving people befriending others online in other countries, telling them of a dire circumstance, such as being stuck in the country and needing money to get out, encountering ill health or an accident, and needing to pay medical bills and/or get out of the country asap. If you don't know Mr. Frank personally, you are most likely the victim of a scam. If you are a woman and he has struck up a romantic relationship with you, this is also very common among the well known scams taking place in Nigeria. Please see more here and if anything sounds familiar, you'll know you've been the victim of a scam. Try to match David Frank's name and/or photo, if he sent you one, against the photos used by scammers on that site (there is a link to click).

If Mr. Frank's situation IS legitimate, only the U.S. State Department/Embassy/Consulate can help him.

Best regards,
Cher
Cher, Educator-40+ yrs
Experience: M.A., B.A., Author, Senior Informational Specialist