Anna, Teacher, writer, biologist
Experience:  Great research skills, variety of work experiences, teaching experience.
Type Your Question Here...

How many pomegranate trees can I plant in one acre How many

How many pomegranate trees can I plant in one acre
How many pomegranate friuts dose one tree containe
Can pome grant grow in Florida
Category: General
Expert:  Anna replied 5 years ago.

Yes, the pomegranate can be grown in Florida. However, it prefers warm summers and cool winters. There will be less fruit produced in southern Florida when winters are not cool. At the other extreme, temperatures below 12*F can kill or severely damage the trees.The trees also do better in drier climates.

Pomegranates are usually planted 150 to 200 trees per acre.

There is no set amount of fruit oen tree will produce. Some years, there may be none at all, and other years the trees can be quite prolific. It depends on temperatures, moisture levels, availability of pollinators, proper pruning, specific variety, etc. For more details on growing the trees, I recommend this site:

I hope this helps.

(If you find my answer helpful, please click on the green ACCEPT button. Thank you.)
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Dear XXXXX I understand what you say but they got to be some statistic about how many pomegranate are in a tree in a good year
Expert:  Anna replied 5 years ago.
Yield of fruit trees is measured in pounds, rather than numbers of fruit. The only study I found on pomegranates was done in Hawaii, where mature trees in optimal conditions produced an average of 40 lbs. As for any official studies, Texas A & M has this to say:

"In temperate climates, fruit maturity will commence in summer and extend for several weeks in the fall. Obviously, the amount of fruit produced will increase with increasing size of the plant, but reliable estimates of production are unavailable."