stayathomemomof2
stayathomemomof2, Internet Researcher
Experience:  As a freelance writer I get to research many topics that I might not normally come across. Live to research.
56648325
Type Your Question Here...

What is the standard commission for a book agent to take from

What is the standard commission for a book agent to take from the author of a book?

There is not a standard commission amount for a book agent to take from an author of a book, but the average is about 10 to 15% for domestic sales and then 20 to 30% for foreign or co-agent sales. Click here for this website for more information on literary agents and what to look for in a good versus a bad agent. This is through the Science Fiction and Fantasy Writers of America, but most of the information should be able to go across genres. Here are a few more websites that you may find helpful in this matter (click on the highlighted areas to bring them up):

One

Two

Three

Please let me know if you need any further information on this. Smile

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your satisfaction is my goal. Contact me if you feel that I did not reach that goal! A tip is a wonderful way to say that I did a great job. If you want to request me for future questions, you can write stayathomemomof2 in front of your question title. Thanks!