Kim D., Consultant
Experience:  Researcher 25 yrs in small and large institutions
49865320
Type Your Question Here...

if an ex boyfriend texts when drunk - but in a relationship

if an ex boyfriend texts when drunk - but in a relationship (and another country) what does that mean?
Category: General
Expert:  Kim D. replied 3 years ago.

I would say that he basically needs a friend but is not really a good candidate for a serious relationship if he isnt communicating in other ways at other times. If you like him as a person and friend, enjoy a text or two but keep it at that level. If he tries to tell you it is anything more, move on and dont respond to his messages. He is just working you for his emotional needs and you will just get hurt.

Best wishes, Dori

Kim D., Consultant
Experience: Researcher 25 yrs in small and large institutions
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Mmmm we were in an on off relationship for about 5 years.... i feel a lil confused by his behaviour - and in some ways mine. we ended contact in february after he told me that he had met someone - and he added that he thought that i had too. I then drunkenly called him last saturday, and when i didnt hear back i thought that was that... then i got a text from him on saturday morning (he was drunk) asking why i had called and if it was a mistake / i wanted to talk to him. i replied by email saying that i had been thinking about him and i had been a tad drunk and therefore i had rung him.... he replied by email a few hours later saying 'no worries' and referring to his 'girlfriend' I am a lil confused.....

what do you think my behaviuor os saying? and what is his saying? and what should i do?

Expert:  Kim D. replied 3 years ago.

I think this is an off relationship now. I wouldn't focus on it anymore and find someone who is not attached in other ways as that means his interest is not in you any more..even if he may be nice or come back when he is having a bad day with the other girl friend. It is just a perfect set up to be hurt.

You are obviously confused..its ok. That is hard to break away from someone you really liked. Force yourself to not contact him..or take any text or other messages from him this will help you move on and think about other people and things.

Best wishes, Dori

Kim D., Consultant