Andy4712, Consultant
Experience:  I have experience and knowledge as a consult to answer numerous questions regarding numerous issues.
Type Your Question Here...

Insurance /Registration question Im moving from Maryland

Insurance /Registration question: I'm moving from Maryland to WDC. In what order do I do the folowing things: notify insurance company of the move, return Maryland plates, register the car in WDC. ???
Category: General
Expert:  Andy4712 replied 5 years ago.

You are supposed to notify your insurance company and switch your plates when you move. Most people just wait to get new plates when the old ones expire. I guess it is because they want to save money. Typically, you do not need to mail the old plates back. However, you could check with the state. I hope this answers your question. If not, then please reply.