TaxTom
TaxTom, Internet Researcher
Experience:  Years of experience of finding questions for employeers, family and friends.
21049508
Type Your Question Here...

This is perhaps a gardening question. I have recently removed

This is perhaps a gardening question.
I have recently removed quite a lot of ivy from the outside walls of my house. This left behind on the brickwork a considerable amount of fibres and resin which I thought would disintegrate and disappear over a short period of time. This is not happened. Is there some method of removing this and restoring the brickwork to the pre ivy state without vigorous brushing or power washing. Please bear in mind that I am resident in the UK.
Category: General
Expert:  TaxTom replied 5 years ago.

TaxTom :

Hello, Dish washing detergent helps breakdown those fibers but it will still take some scrapping and brushing to clear them away completly. Here is step by step instructions http://www.diy-guides.com/how-to-dissolve-ivy-roots-from-a-wall/. You can try this dishwashing soap and let it set for a few days and see if he will wash off with a hose but it may still take some scrubbing. Thanks Tom