Cher, Educator-40+ yrs
Experience:  M.A., B.A., Author, Information & Research Specialist
Type Your Question Here...

What is the limit on liquids in carry-ons My friend who works

What is the limit on liquids in carry-ons? My friend who works for TSA in Chicago said all bottles have to be 3 oz. or less and all fit into a quart size clear sandwich baggie. Are those the only stipulations?
Hello, and welcome back to Just Answer.

My apologies that you did not receive an earlier answer. Various experts are online at different times; I just logged in and read your question.

According to the TSA regulations website below, you are allowed to bring liquids, gels or aerosols in a quantity no greater than 3.4 ounces each, with certain listed exceptions. Yes, they must be packed in one, clear, quart sized ziploc bag only, and fold-over sandwich bags are not permitted. Basically, the limit would be as much as you can fit into that one ziploc bag, keeping in mind the no more than 3.4 oz. restriction per bottle/container. Please read more details, here:

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or concerns by clicking "Reply".

I hope you have found this answer helpful; if so, please click 'ACCEPT', as this is the only way I am compensated for helping you (although you have made a deposit, no payment is released to the Expert until you click 'Accept'). Your Positive Feedback is also always greatly appreciated, and Bonuses are welcomed.

***If you wish to request me in the future, please type 'FOR CHER' at the beginning of your question***

Thank you for the opportunity to be of help!

Best regards,