TaxTom
TaxTom, Internet Researcher
Experience:  Years of experience of finding questions for employeers, family and friends.
21049508
Type Your Question Here...

Is there a way of telling when a document was signed; whether

Is there a way of telling when a document was signed; whether it was signed on September 22, 2010, or whether it was signed on July 21, 2010?
Category: General
Expert:  TaxTom replied 2 years ago.

TaxTom :

Hello, What type of document?

Customer:

This is a page that was printed on a printer. I need to know when that page was signed.

TaxTom, Internet Researcher
Experience: Years of experience of finding questions for employeers, family and friends.
Expert:  TaxTom replied 2 years ago.

Most printers put a date on the bottom of the page , you can check there first. If is a legal document they are usually notarized and you can confirm the date with the notary. Let me check if the ink can be analyzed but this is a narrow window.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
This was not a legal document. This was just a page, written by a word processing program, that was then printed on a printer, and then signed. I asked for the computer file that was used to create the page, hoping that maybe the date the file was created, was maybe embedded somehow in the file.

As per you suggestion, I will take a closer at the bottom of the page to see, if there is indeed, a date placed there by the printer. As for narrow windows, right now, I can use any window I can get.

Thank you for offering these suggestions.

Expert:  TaxTom replied 2 years ago.
Hello again, My research tells me that even the experts disagree but at best one indicated he can tell within a year. Since this may hard to prove you may want to look at in another way, in todays world email correspondence and phone records seem to be a good way to track dates. In other words did they text you, email you or call you to come sign the form. Tom
TaxTom, Internet Researcher