Lucy
Lucy, Mensa Member
Experience:  Expert Internet Researcher and Trivia Master
26798026
Type Your Question Here...

I work in SC and my home is in PA. and my drivers license will

I work in SC and my home is in PA. and my drivers license will expire on Sept. 29. My next trip home is Oct. 14 Will I be able to use my expired license to get on the plane?
Category: General
Expert:  Lucy replied 5 years ago.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'd be happy to Answer your questions today.

Unfortunately, the TSA will not accept an expired driver's license. If you have a passport, you can use that instead. Otherwise, you may want to see if the DMV will allow you to renew your license by mail so you'll have it for your trip. They do have some other ways of verifying your identity when people show up at the airport without an ID (say, where it's stolen while on vacation). You'll have to give them additional information, and you'll be subject to additional screening. Also, it's not guaranteed, so it's probably not a good idea to rely on that when flying. Here is more information:
http://www.tsa.gov/travelers/airtravel/acceptable_documents.shtm