Cher, Educator-40+ yrs
Experience:  M.A., B.A., Author, Information & Research Specialist
Type Your Question Here...

If my dog is on a leash inside a terminal, do I still have

If my dog is on a leash inside a terminal, do I still have to put the dog in a bag or cage?
Category: General
Expert:  Cher replied 5 years ago.
Hello, and welcome to Just answer.

My apologies that you did not receive an earlier answer. Various experts are online at different times and I just signed in and read your question.

You can read all the rules and regulations as set forth by the TSA regarding traveling with pets, here:

Your dog does have to be in a regulation pet carrier while you are in the terminal, and cannot be on a leash; however keep the leash with you for when your dog will need to be removed from the carrier so the carrier can go through the screening process. If your dog needs to be walked before the flight, there are usually pet relief areas where you can do this. All rules are according to the TSA and the specific airline.

I hope you have found this answer helpful; if so, please click 'ACCEPT', as this is the only way I am compensated for helping you (although you have made a deposit, no payment is released to the Expert until you click 'Accept'). Your Positive Feedback is also always greatly appreciated, and Bonuses are welcomed.

***If you wish to request me in the future, please type 'FOR CHER' at the beginning of your question***

Thank you for the opportunity to be of help!

Best regards,