FiveStarLaw
FiveStarLaw, Consultant
Experience:  attorney and legal researcher
Type Your Question Here...

WE have been notified that my husband is a Sweepstakes wonner.

WE have been notified that my husband is a Sweepstakes wonner. We would like to independently verify - a man called by the name of Christopher Bent with this news.
Category: General
Expert:  FiveStarLaw replied 2 years ago.

internetanswers :

*Due to rules of your state bar or mine, nothing herein is intended as legal advice, only intended as general information to better help yourself.*

internetanswers :

Is the person requesting that you send a small sum of money?

Customer:

No. He talked to my husband, Paul R Mills, at some length. Even about taxes that would be due. He is to call us back in about 20 minutes.

internetanswers :

Does he want to pay you the funds and have you return a portion of the funds to pay the taxes? Did your husband enter the sweepstakes?

Customer:

He hasn't said anything about that yet. Paul did not enter the Sweepstakes.

internetanswers :

There is not enough information you to determine whether this is a scam. The scam artists continually used different names. It is very suspicious since your husband did not enter the sweepstakes. If it is a scam the person will attempt to steal your money and/or your identity.

Eventually the con artist may even send you a cashier's check or money order and request that you deposit it the check and send back a portion of the funds. At sometime in the future - after you have sent the money - you will find that the check you deposited was fraudulent and the money will be assessed against you.

internetanswers :

Please use the REPLY button if you have any questions concerning my answer. Otherwise please click ACCEPT so that I am paid by the site for answering.

Customer:

Thank you very much!

internetanswers :

It has been my pleasure to work with you

Thank you in advance for remembering to click accept. If you experience difficulty using the accept button, please let me know as JustAnswer pays me for my time only if the "accept" registers..

Please let me know if I can assist you in the future by requesting me directly.

Customer:

The person who called us said his name was Christopher Bent and the number to reach him is(NNN) NNN-NNNN/p>

Customer:

Thanks for your help./

internetanswers :

Thank you very much! If I can be of assistance in the future, begin your question with: "FOR WEBLAW"

FiveStarLaw, Consultant
Experience: attorney and legal researcher