How JustAnswer Works:

  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.

Ask Teacher Editor Your Own Question

Teacher Editor
Teacher Editor, Teacher
Category: General
Satisfied Customers: 1339
Experience:  I am a good researcher
Type Your Question Here...
Teacher Editor is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am litigating a landlord case pro se and I need to ask for

Resolved Question:

I am litigating a landlord case pro se and I need to ask for a continuance. What do I need to do? The case is suppose to be heard on Tuesday.
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: General
Expert:  Teacher Editor replied 5 years ago.

Linda Roch :

Hello and welcome! If you have any other questions, please let me know or please click Accept.

Linda Roch :

You can try to call the clerk of the court and see if you will be able to get a continuance without going.

Linda Roch :

Otherwise, you will have to go to the court date and ask for a continuance.

Linda Roch :

If you cannot attend, you will have to hire an attorney to ask for you.

Linda Roch :

He doesn't have to represent you in the whole case but someone has to show up who is reprsenting you (an attorney) to ask for a continuance if you cannot go.

Linda Roch :

If the judge asks, you can tell him the reason or tell him that you're looking for an attorney to help you.

Teacher Editor and 41 other General Specialists are ready to help you