John D
John D, BS Degree in Engineering.
Experience:  Math, science and 25 years experience in computer programming
Type Your Question Here...

Need some Excel Help..... I have 3 columns in a spreadsheet.

Need some Excel Help.....

I have 3 columns in a spreadsheet. Column a that contains some numbers, coulumn c that has some numbers & column e that has some other numbers as well.......I need to be able to take coulumn a numbers and check both coulumn c & e to verify that they either are or aren't there......

If you are familiar with excel formulas I can post the general formula here so you can adapt it to your data, otherwise please send me your file to set it up for you

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I am familiar with a lot of formulas I have tried to use vlookup but, have had issues

Ok paste this formula in F2

then fill it down to the last row

It returns 0 if no matches with A2 are found, 1 if a match is found in one column, and 2 if matches are found in both columns

Hope this is ok. Let me know if you have any questions, and thank you for clicking Accept if you are satisfied with the solution