Mr. Gregory White
Mr. Gregory White, Teacher
Experience:  M.A., M.S. Education / Educational Administration
Type Your Question Here...

Question regarding traffic laws in the state of Pennsylvania Can

Question regarding traffic laws in the state of Pennsylvania:

Can you pass a school bus that is stopped at a railroad crossing in the far right lane?

Details: road was aXXXXX I was traveling in the same direction as the school bus, next to the school bus. The bus appeared to put on it's yellow/XXXXX XXXXXghts and stopped at the railroad crossing. I slowed down, stopped next to the bus then proceeded straight while the bus was still stopped. It appeared that I irritated drivers behind me by slowing down and stopping.
Category: General
Expert:  Mr. Gregory White replied 5 years ago.
Hi, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be happy to help you today.

If the bus is stopped at a railroad crossing and has its lights on for that reason, you are able to pass the bus (being safe of course).

If a bus has its red lights on in order to pick up or drop off students, you must stop regardless of the lane position you are in in most states (including Pennsylvania).

Be sure to hit the green ACCEPT button and remember to ask "For Educatortech" for professional assistance on your question needs. All the best and positive feedback (and even bonuses) greatly appreciated if happy with my service.