Mr. Gregory White
Mr. Gregory White, Teacher
Experience:  M.A., M.S. Education / Educational Administration
46856550
Type Your Question Here...

Looking for information on HIPPA

Looking for information on HIPPA
What info are you needing? Just general or do you have specific issue?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I am a Naturopathic Dr. I do all my appts on line & sometimes I need to have clients email me medical records- can I do that and store them in my files. ? If so- thy must sign a from?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I am thinking that perhaps we are talking about 2 different things -re- HIPPA
They need to sign a HIPAA release form that is the same one as required by all hospital and doctors offices.

Here is a Microsoft Office template that you can take and tailor toward your specialized needs. I would have them email you this before you collect information on the patient.

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/hipaa-privacy-rights-request-form-TC010074544.aspx

All the best. Let me know, ask "For Greg" if you need any follow up assistance. Also, remember to hit the Green Accept button so I am compensated for my assistance.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I am not a MD- does this matter? Does this issue have anything to do with health insurance which I do not accept? So once they sign this I can keep the info in my data base?
Yes, once they sign this you can keep information on them in your database. The issue of insurance is irrelevant.

If you are unsure at all (especially since you are not an MD), you might want to contact a local lawyer who would have information on the local and state laws relevant to you. Most will offer an initial consultation at no charge and they will let you know if there is anything else legally you need to have set up for your Online services in order to be protected.

All the best in this process. Sounds like a great opportunity and service that you are able to provide to your clients.